VOR Tracker – IFR Procedure Trainer
VOR Tracker is a small but powerful training tool for pilots. It is the only one of its kind for the smartphones and tablets, providing the real aircraft feel the other apps are missing. It is now available in your browser as well.
VOR Tracker is a real IFR simulation, so you will find no multiple choice questions or yet more methods which might or might not work for you.
You can actually practice IFR procedures in real time, using either a fixed card CDI, RMI, HSI, or EHSI. The EHSI provides additional information like wind, track, and groundspeed.
Practice holding patterns, DME arcs, radial interceptions, and 2 needle tracking in real time. It is practice what it is all about! There is no need for explaining again and again what you already know from flight school. It is about applying your knowledge when the flight instruments start moving!
Chose between a VOR and NDB and get used to the different characteristics. The NDB comes with atmospheric disturbances and an adjustable dip error to match the instrument you are used to.
Don’t waste your time trying to imagine what you would do in the aircraft – just do it!
What VOR Tracker is designed for
VOR Tracker is designed for:
- Student pilots who have the theoretical knowledge for flying IFR procedures, and want to save money by preparing for their pilot training.
- Pilots wanting to refresh their IFR navigation skills for an upcoming check ride.
- Pilots going for an assessment. Holding patterns and radial interceptions are commonly used during sim assessments and can really spoil the day. Being prepared will make the difference!
- People who have the knowledge of flying IFR procedures and want to give it a try.
Boost your skills with VOR Tracker
Still interested? Read on to find out how VOR Tracker will boost your skills in no time!
- Choose between a fixed card CDI, RMI, HSI, or EHSI.
- Use the instruments like you would do in the real aircraft.
- Use the map mode to verify your progress.
- Lost? Use the help function to display the holding pattern entries in the map mode.
- Things are going a bit too fast? Use the freeze mode to orientate.
- Getting bored in straight flight? Use the fast mode.
- You want to start over or change the aircraft’s position or heading? Just drag & drop, or twist the aircraft symbol.
- Practice a particular holding pattern or radial interception exercise over and over again from new, random starting positions using the reposition button.
- Start with no wind and increase the difficulty later on by adding wind.
- Getting settled? Why not increase the aircraft’s speed in the settings menu?
- Customize your own missions and adjust the wind the way you want.
- Use the hidden wind function to add a realistic challenge.
- Analyze your progress in the map mode. Rewind and start over. The previous track lines will still be displayed for you to see the difference.
Prepare yourself without wasting expensive flight time – use VOR Tracker to brush up your IFR skills!
VOR Tracker is the most efficient trainer for holding patterns and radial interceptions available on the app stores and now in your browser as well!
Supporting you during your IFR training, it will pay for itself in no time. Take that as a promise!
Absolute MUST to pass your IR test! Very well made app, highly recommended!
Tim the pilot –
Great to prepare for assessments where holdings or interceptions need to be flown – highly recommendable!
Aviation Freak –
Awesome product! I have used it already for a few months on my iPhone. I am happy that now a web version is available! Highly recommended for preparation and assessments for pilots.